Whodda thunk it?
Of the entire field of Presidential candidates, a non-politician was elected and no matter how much some people don't, can't, or won't accept it, it happened nonetheless. Suck it up, buttercups!
Brexit has spread and the people that were once the middle class, and are now struggling, have opted for serious change.
My Father, God rest his soul, no doubt would've voted for Trump. Trump's abstract intelligence and communication skills aside, he speaks his mind and is a very wealthy businessman. Dad was a perennial salesman and entrepreneur; owning/operating a number of different type businesses. I learned from him that a man's word is his bond and a handshake is a contract. The old man would never have voted for Hillary.
While a bit of a sexist, Dad was a cheerleader for only two women politicians; Condi Rice and Margaret Thatcher. He thought nothing of speaking his mind, referring to the rest of the women in politics as "stupid or dumb ass bitches" or the 'C' word. Hillary (and Pelosi for that matter) would've warranted the 'C' word.
Like I said, a sexist and I believe a selective one at that. A Republican to his core.
I myself don't understand how anyone could've voted for Hillary. Just because she's a woman? If Condi Rice had run for POTUS, Dad would have voted for her. I heard him say that after she left the GW administration.
I remember these things because Dad was vocal about his politics, as well as a Bill O'Reilly addict. The last person he voted for was Mitt (by mail) Prior to that, we're all pretty sure he hadn't voted since the Eisenhower administration.
But I digress...I just couldn't help thinking about him extensively during this election cycle.
While I've been voting since the Nixon era, (yea, do the math) this one seemed like it was more than just ugly.
Politics is by no means a pretty game and, as often happens, horrible things suddenly crawl out from their deepest, darkest holes. Secrets and skeletons rise mysteriously from their crypts.
What did they dig up on Trump?
- A recording from over 2 decades ago about grabbing a woman in the wrong place. He admitted it and apologized. Does that make him a sexist misogynist? I'm firm that's just not enough evidence to support that accusation.
- Collusion with the Russians to alter the outcome of the election? That one can only be attributed to CNN. Even the hacking of the DNC hasn't truly been linked to the Russians.
- Won't release his tax returns. Is it required under law for presidential candidates? Nope. Do we care? Nope. We already know he's rich.
- Is Trump a racist because he wants to close our borders and enforce immigration laws? I'm all for controlling who comes in to our country. Terrorism has already hit here and unwanted deportees keep coming back only to cause some type of carnage. It's time that those who have been here illegally make an attempt to seek the path to citizenship. We need to prevent and deter further acts of terrorism.
- Islamophobic? At this point, if you haven't thought about it, then you're a serious progressive who lives in Michael Moore's fantasy world. We should be afraid. Seriously afraid. CAIR and the Muslim Brotherhood are certified terrorist organizations. Islamic terrorism is a real and dangerous threat. While we can't lump all who practice Islam in to one single category, it's a thin and precarious line. How do we sort through that mess? The answer is still not within our grasp, but Trump has made it clear that Immigration laws need to be enforced. A Muslim registry? Far fetched and an unlikely prospect. These are things that have to go through Congress. Trump is not a dictator, but our previous POTUS had his pen and phone and managed to 'dictate' via executive fiat on more than one occasion. Congress was full of pussies. Did all those rich and famous balk at Obama's dictates?
- Anti-Semite? That's seriously laughable. Hitler-esk? Hitler exterminated over a million Jews and convinced his country that it was in their best interest to follow him or die. His son in law, whom Trump obviously trusts, is Jewish and his daughter has converted to Judaism. For the first time in over 3 decades, a Rabbi gave a benediction at a Presidential Innaguration. Isolationist Revisionism? Why? Because he wants to put America first? How is that a bad thing?
Oh hell, I could write about this all day. I won't.
Now Hillary, on the other hand, has a very long list of reasons why she should not be President. Yet, the liberal left progressives who are so utterly tolerant that they tear cities apart, cannot see beyond their cosmetically altered noses. They gave a shit load of money to her campaign and that didn't do a hell of a lot to help her. She never actually outlined her plans for her administration. In fact, she appeared to be the queen of double talk. She would only be a continuation of Obama's legacy. The voters obviously wanted no more of that shit. Popular vote or electoral vote, it didn't matter. This country utilizes the electoral college for a reason and has done so for centuries. It only sucks when Democrats lose.
Those with all the money are trying to shame the average American for voting Trump. Who gives a shit what an over paid celebrity thinks? Actually, they're trying to tell you and me what we should do and how we should think. Isn't THAT Hilter's wonderful world of fascism? I firmly believe in the 1st Amendment and in ALL the rest of them, including that beautiful 2nd amendment.
So, if people want to protest, go ahead. Who cares? Just stop destroying property and spewing hate filled rants trying to ratchet up the violence to a whole new level.
If you want to label someone based on one incident, you're more narrow minded than you claim others to be. Remember who Hillary is, what she's done and who she married. She only stayed married to Billy Bob for political purposes. If he was my spouse, I would NOT have covered up his predatory ways nor would I have stayed married to his sorry, horny ass! Seems Huma didn't follow in her great leader's footsteps.
She is seriously corrupt, lied under oath, lied to the public about Benghazi, has been indifferent and turned a deaf ear to the average citizen of this country. Her actions over her private server bordered on treason and left her emails open for hacking. The entire DNC collapsed within itself due to so many undeniably disgusting facts coming forth. The chair of the DNC resigned over the scandal. Who in their right mind wants more of that? No, don't blame Hillary's loss on the Russians. They sunk their own boat and Hillary was the Captain.
I certainly can't say that Trump was the perfect candidate over Hillary. He was the ONLY candidate - unless you just wanted to waste your vote on Jill Stein. Yea, the one who had about 2% of the vote and wanted a recount. Obviously a Hillary supporter. Or, she was paid generously to make the accusation.
I don't know how long it's going to take for Trump haters to get past the fact that he's going to be here for awhile. Some of the serious celebrity agitators foresee Trump being impeached or just not making it through his 4 year term. Just for that, I hope he does and I hope that if he runs again, he's re-elected.
Screw all you nay sayers. The people have spoken and they didn't choose YOUR sorry candidate.
Don't scream Hitler unless you're looking in the mirror.