The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

TSA - Thievin' Security Agents

I just can't get enough of the TSA bullshit!  It's like no government bureaucrat can seem to penetrate their proverbial wall of silence. People are looking for answers and demanding sweeping changes yet once again, Mr. Pistole manages to avoid the answers or just change the answers as the mood strikes.




The flying public is meanwhile left surrendering their Constitutional rights just so they can get from points A to B in a reasonable amount of time. There is still NO answer to the often asked question - "Is the radiation at acceptable levels?" A recent TSA press release says that answer will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks. They're just being cautious to ensure that no "sensitive data" about the scanner is released along with the safety information the public is demanding.  In other words..........
well, you fill in the blank.

Now comes this little bit of news....

A TSA supervisor at Newark's Liberty Airport was recently arrested in an undercover operation for stealing cash from passengers, and taking bribes and kickbacks from his colleagues. In a one year period, he managed to pocket almost $30,000.

Michael Arato admitted in court that he regularly took money from passengers during security screenings and deliberately targeted foreigners who could speak little to no English. This investigation was initiated last fall when the Dept. of Homeland Security received an unusually high number of complaints from foreign travelers who were missing money after having boarded their overseas flights from Newark.

(I knew there was a reason I never liked Jersey -- besides that stupid show!)


I leave you with this thought....

No comments: