The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Monday, October 31, 2011

In a hurry?

Miami, FL

I could just ramble on about how even cops make dumb ass mistakes, but I won't.
We've all been in a position where we're running late for work and we speed. It's just that most people don't have the luxury of a Crown Vic police interceptor engine that we can utilize to put some distance behind us. If you find that people aren't moving out of your way any faster, you turn on those pretty blue lights and generally speaking, they move over. However, we don't really want to draw too much attention to the fact that we're travelling over 100 mph. We might draw the attention of another officer. You know.... like the state police.

It's one thing if your blues were on and you were in need of assistance chasing down a bad guy, but when you become the bad guy, reckless and moronic driver, the mutual respect thing might just go out the window.  Attempting to catch up and get close enough to identify what department the reckless driver is from also puts the pursuing officer's life in jeopardy. The 2 things that will go through my mind are; is the police car stolen or is the police officer that's driving in distress?

This 5 minute video is from the dashcam of a Florida State Trooper who went in pursuit of a City of Miami police car because that car was weaving through interstate traffic at speeds as high as 120 mph.  It's not until about 1:20 minutes in to the video that you can actually see the car the trooper is pursuing.



The P.O.P. Factor was pretty high on this one and that trooper didn't have much of a choice but to lock his ass up. Did you notice he put up no resistance or give much of an argument? The video doesn't lie.


3 comments:

Mad Jack said...

I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen the video.

So this guy was speeding and driving like a maniac just because he was late for work? I guess what's more to the point is what is likely to happen to him later on - does he get taken to the county jail and locked up?

I'm glad the State police stopped him.

Older School said...

Typically it's just a courtesy summons on a traffic offense. I'm sure he had loads of explaining to do,though. According to the article, the department isn't going to take any action until the matter is disposed of in court.
This was a very reckless circumstance and he should not be allowed to get away with it....but we shall see.

Anonymous said...

I have a badge,therefore I can break the law.