The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Armadillo Assault

Dallas, TX

You know when times are so tough that you can't even get roadkill at a decent price.

A woman reportedly met a buyer to purchase a frozen armadillo and during a dispute over the price, the seller struck the woman in the chest and leg with the armadillo, leaving bruises on her body. He fled the scene.

Armadillo meat, also known as the 'poor man's pork' or 'Hoover Hogs', isn't as prevalent as it was during the Hoover administration, but is still quite popular south of the border. It is illegal to sell live armadillos, but they are often victims of road kill, traps, etc. and are still ingested by a select few in the US.



Armadillos carry a disease known as mycobacterial leprosy and the biggest hazard of a human getting infected is during the cleaning and dressing of the animal. If you've ever run over an armadillo, it's often possible for them to survive due to their extremely hard, protective shell.

Hmmm....are you sure it doesn't taste like chicken?


No comments: