The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

TSA - Transporting Sexual Advice

Imagine, if you will, that you are a free lance writer, feminist blogger, and a law student, and you travel quite frequently. You know that the odds are high your bags will be thoroughly searched and you'll find one of those friendly "we were here" notes left in your suitcase by our friends at the TSA.

Jill Filipovic, is one such person. She is obviously a product of this new aged, share everything via a social media kind of person. She blogs, she twitters, she Facebooks. As far as I'm concerned, some people just have this desire to share too much with the world. Whatever happened to T.M.I.?  My own personal philosophy is that what goes on in my bedroom, however innocuous and boring that it my be, is totally my business and not for the world to know. I'm not sharing, dammit!

Our friend Jill here, flew out of Newark, NJ to Ireland not long ago. When she got to Ireland and opened her bag in her hotel room, she found one of those standard TSA cards tucked in her luggage. This particular card has a personal note written on it.



Apparently, a TSA agent by the name of Kawika Riley discoverd Ms. Filipovic's own TSA (Transportable Sexual Aid) and felt it necessary to leave her a written note of approval.
While Ms. Filipovic had a good sense of humor about the whole incident, she did something far more freakier than traveling with a vibrator.....She shared it with the world.
Ms. Filipovic posted this entire incident on her blog and Twitter accounts.
In her effort to bring the TSA's intrusive policies to the forefront, she assumed the world was ready for her personal confession.  Seriously, my life would have been totally complete without that knowledge.
Now known as the "Vibrator Blogger," Ms. Filipovic got an apology from the TSA and Agent Riley was undoubtedly dismissed from her job.

Most women that I've spoken with, have a varying degree of comments about this.  However, the over-whelming majority say that this is just too far out there to tell the world.
Eh, maybe it's us old folks that some may call prudish. I call it discretion.

Whatever it is, when I get my freak on...well, I want a little privacy thank-you-very-much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw her picture today - now thinking constantly about her getting her freak on!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'd do her, with or without the TSA.