The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Fire in the House

Florence Co., SC

If you've ever hung out with or have a family member who is a firefighter, then you know that fire houses all over produce some of the best amateur chefs.  Although I was wearing the blue, I'd often stop by my favorite house and they'd let me sit in for dinner, have coffee, use the restroom, etc. Even though some think that the finest and the bravest are arch enemies, they're not really. It's a relationship that's akin to a cousin you love to hate. We bust each other's balls, but deep down, we wouldn't hesitate to put our own lives in danger to rescue the other.

Just like all trained professionals, we preach fire safety and gun safety. It's funny how we don't always practice what we preach. How many cops do you know who have managed to discharge their weapon when they were cleaning it?  I know....you're not supposed to clean a loaded weapon. You're also not supposed to play quick draw with a loaded weapon and then shoot a fellow officer. That's sad, stupid and disgusting all at the same time.

As in the case of firefighters, they too are not without their faults. Did you know that more than half the arsonists in the US are actually active, former or volunteer firefighters?  Another case of sad, stupid and disgusting.  Unfortunately, in both cases, there's almost no way to foresee such reckless actions.

In this particular case , a firefighter puts something on the stove to cook, and then leaves it to speak with a visitor. Next thing you know, the stove and cabinets are on fire.


Quite the career blunder and something that firefighter will never, ever be allowed to forget.
Poor guy. I almost feel sorry for him.

Remember, October is fire prevention month.

No comments: