The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Friday, April 29, 2011

We Have No Duty to Retreat



Don't forget to tune in tonight at 9 p.m.
to an obscure radio blogspot called Center Stage that is hosted by Kheri Hines

Call the number at the top right of the screen to voice your support for a citizen's 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms and the right to employ the use of deadly force to protect one's home.

It would seem Ms. Hines' intention is to put the Castle Doctrine law on trial because we the people, may not be interpreting it in the appropriate manner.
The US Supreme court ruled that a homeowner is entitled to have a firearm in their home as a means of protection against an intruder, attacker or robber.  Over 30 states have some type of Castle Doctrine law on the books.

The Wiki Definition of the Castle Doctrine is as follows:

Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal doctrine arising from English Common law that designates one's place of residence (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as one's car or place of work) as a place in which one enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack. It then goes on to give a person the legal right to use deadly force to defend that place (his "castle"), and any other innocent persons legally inside it, from violent attack or an intrusion which may lead to violent attack. In a legal context, therefore, use of deadly force which actually results in death may be defended as justifiable homicide under the Castle Doctrine.

The SC Code of laws explains that you have no duty to retreat in your home and instead, have the right to stand your ground and defend yourself, your family and your property.  If a burglar is inside your home with your firearms in his hands, would you defend yourself and use deadly force?  Is your life in imminent peril?
Should we give the thief time to explain himself and surrender?

Call in tonight and stand your ground.

6 comments:

Beat And Release said...

First off - Kheri is black, so her impartiality is immediately in question. I failed to find her location, but I suspect she might be from of those 'run like hell' or 'you don't need a gun, the police will protect you' states.

Older School said...

I naturally thought that too, but I believe she's in Ft. Worth, TX.
If that's true, Texas should deport her to a blue state.

Beat And Release said...

In Texas they shoot you for trying to break into a car. So what does she have to whine about in this case? Sheesh!

Robin Moses/State of South Carolina said...

Just to let you know that I have made it my mission to have Kheri Hines removed from the airwaves, if at all possible, for her "Klan" remarks last week! I am adamantly reporting her everywhere I can! I WILL be listening and I WILL be calling in tonight!
Also, would you believe that our local newspaper in Charleston, SC has got the Gadsden family back in the spotlight? I have placed a call to the reporter of the article to persuade him to put a different spin on this subject . . . that being Kheri Hines racist and hate remarks!!

Anonymous said...

i completely agree with the sentiment of this blog as it relates to the bobby gadsden issue... however, trying to get this b*tch kicked off the airwaves because of her opinion completely rubs me the wrong way.

the vast majority of people (including liberals) know the homeowner did the right thing on many levels (legally, morally) but if some idiot wants to dispute it... they have a right to do that thanks to the first amendment.

Older School said...

The 1st amendment is, by and far a right we should never take for granted. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you don't have to like it. For example, I despise (and presumably I have a few supporters) the Westboro Baptist church and their disruption and disgusting displays at military funerals. Oddly enough, the court says that they have that 1st amendment right to freedom of speech, freedom of religion and the lawful right to assemble.
I abhor the thought that they can continue to get away with it, but it is a right that is guaranteed under the constitution.
I also firmly believe in the 2nd amendment; that law abiding citizens should be allowed to defend themselves, especially in their own home from the ever growing criminal element.