The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Friday, April 29, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: President says really stupid shit!

Has everyone heard about this?  Could our President be any more arrogant and disrespectful of our men and women in uniform?  He's clueless.  The worst part is he's running for re-election.  Come on people, wake up!

Some recent bad press, which included a major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led Pres. Obama to abandon his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance.  He proposed this in an effort to cover an estimated $540 million dollars per year this costs the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty.

The Pres. admits he was puzzled by the magnitude of people opposed to his proposal.

When he backed off from this proposal that would make disabled veterans pay for their own injuries, this is his response,

"Look, it's an all volunteer force. Nobody made these guys go to war.  They had to have known and accepted the risks.  Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?  It doesn't compute.  I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country.  I wasn't asking for blood, just money.  With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would to try to help reduce the nations's deficit.  I guess I underestimated the selfishness of my fellow Americans."

What does he know about patriotism and sacrifice?  The American people are not selfish, Mr. President, you are!

We support our military personnel, both home and abroad.  They deserve what little benefits they have left.


6 comments:

Ryan said...

I look forward to Donald Trump taking the presidency from Obama in 2012. He is certainly the best man for the job.

Police & Politics in Charleston said...

I think the quote may have been somewhat 'enhanced' but it provides an accurate view of how this CIC views the military.

Meanwhile, former Pres. Bush is on a 3-day bike ride with the Wounded Warrior group.

Anonymous said...

He never said that. Try and find the actual location that was said. Never happened.

Older School said...

It IS enhanced. It's called satire. Work with me, folks!
He says stupid shit all the time.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_obama_accuse_veterans_of_selfishness_and.html

Beat And Release said...

Hehe....I haz bun a detective so's I'm smart lik dat.

Older School said...

@Ryan, I question the citizenship of the Donald's hairpiece. LOL

@Beat - U R 2 funny!