The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Medic's Marijuana Mistake

FOLLOW UP TO:

Medic's Marijuana

I'm reminded of the old adage, "A friend in need..." but is any friendship worth your job and career?

This young, aspiring paramedic with the Berkeley County EMS in Berkeley Co, SC,

Chelsea Arrowood

responded to the scene of a fatal auto accident where her friend, Shana Robinson was the accused drunk driver. During the course of her interaction with Ms. Robinson, Ms. Arrowood removed a small bag of marijuana and attempted to conceal it from authorities.

To put this in perspective - The Simple Possession of Marijuana charge is really nothing compared to the Felony DUI (resulting in death) charge that Ms. Robinson now faces.

So Ms. Arrowood's twisted reasoning thought she would do right by her friend by attempting to conceal the marijuana evidence, only to get arrested herself for Obstructing Justice.

Now that her picture and story are all over the news, her future doesn't look so bright.



7 comments:

Mad Jack said...

I'd have swept this one under the rug. The girl screwed up, likely because she wasn't thinking clearly, but in this case I don't believe the punishment will fit the crime.

Older School said...

The state troopers are not known for their "looking the other way" standards.
Stupid stuff like this will only bite you in the ass.

Beat And Release said...

State troopers in South Carolina believe they are the be-all, end-all in law enforcement. They have have some great ones, but they are brainwashed in training to believe their shit doesn't stink. The sad part is, they are really great at traffic stuff - and that is about it. Someday I'll tell the story about the one who rolled up on a domestic and almost crapped his pants before I got there. Or the time I pulled up in my driveway (out of my jurisdiction) and a trooper was parked in front of my house waiting for a deputy to assist him in a hit and run investigation. When I asked him what he needed he said he had to go to a house up the street and talk to the owner of a vehicle, but state troopers don't knock on doors. ????? I went down there with him, knocked on the door and basically conducted his whole investigation for him. When we were leaving he said, "Sarge grilled the hell out of him." I told him, "Um, no.....I just did some police work." Sheesh!

Older School said...

We know you're retired and all, but would love to hear that story and more. Are you holding out for the book?

Anonymous said...

im still wondering why the law enforcement agency in charge went and did an entire press release about it... they wanted to send a message i guess

Anonymous said...

i hate ALL cops

Older School said...

Anonymous,
Medics and firefighters are not cops.
They do tend to save lives, though.
Your turn will come.