The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Political Gun Grabbers


I have never hid the fact that I am a believer in the 2nd amendment. In my varied law enforcement career my ideals and thoughts on gun ownership evolved in to a direction I never thought I'd go. Having witnessed the after effects of victims of violent crimes, especially women and the elderly, I began to encourage people to exercise their 2nd amendment right. BUT, when I encouraged such ideas, I stressed the responsibility that goes with purchasing and owning any firearm. Then I started working in a gun store. Then I joined the NRA. Then I got really angry with many of our anti gun lawmakers (mostly liberal democrats) who think that gun grabbing and limiting how much ammo a gun will hold, will prevent violent crimes and school shootings.

Most of us logical thinking people know those ideas will resolve nothing. Legislation was recently presented to toughen background checks on gun purchases. The Universal Background Check legislation was doomed from the beginning. It would not have prevented anything. To legally purchase a gun anywhere in the U.S., a background check is required. The Brady Act  was signed in to legislation in 1993. Purchasing a firearm legally, from a licensed FFL dealer, requires a background or NICS (National Instant Background Checks System) check. And that's the key word, legally. While I do believe the NICS system does make a difference, it's not fool proof. If someone wants to get their hands on a firearm, they will do so one way or another.

Now we have politicians and their followers spouting forth their propaganda on limiting the size of a hand gun's magazine and the ban on "assault weapons." Most of them are ignorant of the very guns they are trying to outlaw.
Sales people, unlike politicians, generally know the product they're trying to sell. If I'm trying to sell someone on the fact that certain firearms should be banned, then I should know what I'm talking about. Let's face it, politicians can often be comparable to your stereotypical sleazy car salesmen. In fact, I think used car salesman might have higher moral standards. But I digress....

To cite some examples:

Sen. Kevin deLeon, (D) CA explains a "ghost gun." (Try not to spew your drink on your computer screen.)

Rep. Diana DeGette, (D) CO explains magazine size limitations.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, (D) NYC explains auto vs. semi-auto

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, (D) NY that barrel shroud thingy lady

Vice-President Joe Biden (D)  Has no frickin idea....

How the hell do these people get elected??




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want me to believe that politicians don't know what they're talking about!? HOW DARE YOU!!! Just kidding, I know that most politicians talk out of there ass, that's where their brains are. These special kind of stupid folks have no idea how their ideas would only embolden the criminals while crippling the average, law abiding citizen. I would love to see the world from their point of view, however I cannot get my head that far up my ass!!! EB

Older School said...

Precisely why politicians are asshats.

Mad Jack said...

They win a popularity contest. There are very few requirements to holding a Federal office other than being elected (and re-elected).
In the 1970s I had an opportunity to speak with a few elected officials at some length and concluded that the best of them was no brighter than I am, and no better informed. That's bad. The worst of the lot included a judge that shouldn't be allowed out without a keeper and a complete zero that had no idea about the economy and regulation.

I considered moving to another country, but gave it up as a bad deal; what makes you think the people are any smarter over there?