The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Barber Shoots Robber

Columbia, SC

In case you haven't noticed, South Carolina is a red state. Yep, we're kind of like dem folks in Texas.
It's not that we do things bigger and better, it's just that we're a lot alike.
We have the death penalty. Of course we don't expedite the death penalty process as quickly as Texas, but we're working on that.

We stand firmly on our 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms. Just like Texas, you can even own a gun in your home or place of business and you don't need a permit. You don't need a permit to even have it in a closed compartment of your vehicle. (There are some exemptions regarding those under 21 and convicted felons)
Just like Texas, we have the Castle Doctrine.


The Castle Doctrine plainly states that you have no duty to retreat in your home or place of business. You can stand your ground and protect yourself and your property, especially during the commission of a dangerous felony.  Armed robbery would fall under the dangerous felony category, and well, why the hell should I have to run away or retreat? I'm going to defend my castle, dammit!

Case in point, 2 armed robbers enter a small business enterprise, namely a barber shop, and try to rob the store owner. The store owner pulls out a gun of his own and shoots one of the robbers. The other flees. Well, both are captured and are either in jail or going there soon.

Unless the business owner is someone who is prohibited under law from owning or possessing a firearm, he acted within the legal limits of the law.

1 outta 2 ain't bad.

1 comment:

Mad Jack said...

Good shooting. I remember the outcry when the castle doctrine law was enacted in Florida - horrors, we'll be up to our a**es in alligators and there's no way to drain the swamp!

Then, right off the old bat, some concerned father shot a child molester who had broken into his little girl's bedroom. Without the castle doctrine law, the family of that particular scumbag could have sued for wrongful death - and that's important.