The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Councilman Calls for Sheriff to Renounce his 2nd Amendment push

My favorite Sheriff, Chuck Wright of Spartanburg County, SC



recently encouraged women to go out and get their concealed weapons permits. He did this because of  recent attacks on women.

(See my post of Sheriff Says Women Should Carry Guns)

When he made this statement, he made it more than once and stood his ground. He did not waiver and he had the backing of the local solicitor's office and even the Governor.
As a direct result of his very public statements, over 600 people from that county recently applied for their concealed carry permits.

One lone, stupid, naive Democrat on county council this week made a news release denouncing Sheriff Wright's actions as irresponsible. WTF? Councilman Michael Brown  believes that the Sheriff's ideas of allowing citizens to legally arm themselves is promoting lawlessness.  Councilman Brown seems to think that more time should be spent counseling at risk youth.  BWAAAA!  I believe many of you laugh with me and you do so for so many obvious reasons.

Mr. Brown has his head in the sand. Ah, on second thought, maybe it's in his ass.
The 2nd amendment is a powerful thing and the Sheriff believes in a person's Constitutional right to bear arms.
He's also a realist. There is no way that the police can protect us all 24/7 and, according to the US Supreme Court, they have no duty to.
Perhaps Mr. Brown should read this document:
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf

The city of Chicago and the District of Columbia tried banning guns and look what happened to them. They became the most lawless cities in the US.

Nope, the Sheriff of any county has a duty to preserve and protect the Constitution of the US and that includes upholding both the 2nd and 14th amendment, as well as all applicable state laws.

Thumbs up to Sheriff Wright for being a man who tells it like it is!

No comments: