The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Woman kills Armed Robber

Columbia, SC

If ever there was a case for allowing law abiding citizens to arm themselves, this is it.

A small, petite 52 year woman working as a clerk in a Days Inn, and having been the victim of one armed robbery, had permission from the hotel owner to arm herself.

This scumbag, Vincent Lee Carson, had a history of violent crime and was also wanted in connection with another armed robbery of an elderly couple at a Hampton Inn some 40 miles away.

As the clerk was preparing the continental breakfast for guests, she finds this jerk off hiding, basically lying in wait for her. He held a knife to her throat telling her it was a robbery.
There are some scumbags out there that just can't multi-task, as is evident in this particular case. Carson takes the knife out of his hands to begin restraining the victim. Yes, he brought the ties with him and law enforcement is convinced that he intended to sexually assault her. When he had taken the knife out of his hand, the victim took the opportunity to remove her .22 cal handgun hidden in her waistband, turn around, and shoot him point blank, center mass!  He died almost instantly. Dumb ass brought a knife to a gun fight!
Nice shot. You not only saved  yourself, you saved the taxpayers a considerable amount of time and money putting this piece of shit on trial for 2 armed robbery charges.

The victim did not have a concealed weapon permit.  However, in SC, you don't need a permit to have a firearm in your home, place of business, or in certain areas of your car. If your employer says you can carry a handgun on their property or in a company vehicle, you don't need a permit. Under state law, the employer and homeowner have absolute veto power when it comes to having a gun on their property.

She deserves a freakin' medal.
__________

2 comments:

Beat And Release said...

You know, aside from an inherited .22 caliber rifle and a .25 caliber Saturday night special I appropriated from my semi-senile mother, I have never had a firearm in the house except for my department issued weapon. Normally, I didn't even carry that when I left the house in my personal car. I am beginning to re-think that. I believe I will be headed to the gun shop in the next few weeks.

Older School said...

It's an unfortunate progression into deeper violence.
Look at Norway and many other countries where police don't even wear firearms. Crime and random acts of terrorism are escalating everywhere. The last thing I want to be is a victim. The older I get, the more I suspect I'll become more of a target.