The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Murder Mystery

FROM THE COLD CASE FILES:

In 1969, a Charleston, SC based sailor was shot 5 times and his body was discovered by his wife in the bedroom of their apartment. The murder was never solved and the lone suspect in the case was a Charleston County Police Officer (now known as the Charleston County Sheriff's Dept.)

There was little evidence available to support their claims but they hounded him nonetheless. State and local authorities knew in their gut that he was the shooter. He had a mean temper, was reputed to have mob ties and may have even executed people for money. Leonard Crowe intimidated people, even his fellow officers.


Crowe left law enforcement and moved to Oklahoma where he was later labeled as a suspect in a shooting there. The cold case files of the Charleston Police Dept. has re-opened this murder with the hope's of obtaining some kind of closure for the family of Sailor Danny Kelly.

The author of this expose' deserves some credit for detailing this murder mystery in a respectful and rather absorbing manner. I read the article and was quite intrigued. See for yourself.

Cold cases are a bitch!

3 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Yes they are, but they are the most fascinating to pursue.

Older School said...

They are indeed a challenge and the feeling you get when you can close one out.....indescribable.

Anonymous said...

Gay lovers spat.