The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Off Duty Cop earns Award

FOLLOW UP TO:

Escapee on the Run
Lone Off Duty Cop Apprehends Escapee

Cpl. Joey Patsourakos
Williston, SC Police Dept.


On August 20, Cpl. Patsourakos was off duty when he single-handedly captured one Perry Sullivan, who was  the object of an intense 3 day manhunt after he had over powered a Georgia Deputy, stealing his guns and patrol car.



On Sept. 10, Patsourakos and his wife will travel to the Philadelphia area to accept the first ever Law Enforcement Cross from the American First Responder Institute Heraldry's inaugural fund raising event titled, "An Evening with Heroes."



The First Responder Institute Heraldry Facebook page extols itself as the first of its kind in recognizing first responders; "The American First Responder Institute of Heraldry recognizes the service and sacrifice of American First Responders. It accomplishes this mission by defining the requirements for the design, artistry, wearing, and display of the authorized medals, awards, decorations and appurtenances. It also provides accountability & quality control in the manufacturing and distribution of these awards."

Congratulations on a job well done, Corporal.  We salute you.

No comments: