The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Case of the Dumb Deputy

Fairfield County, SC


Earlier this month, a Deputy Sheriff  from Fairfield Co., was in a training class that required an equipment inventory of his tactical gear.  This 3 year veteran of the force told his Capt. that his department issued M-4 rifle with spare magazines and ammo, a Remington .870 shotgun, and a full bio-hazard equipment bag were all missing.

Naturally, an investigation was launched.  Having some occasional missing gear is one thing, but when there are weapons involved, it becomes an extremely serious matter.

Deputy Brandon Belton, 24,
wasn't very cooperative in his explanation of the whys and hows of his missing equipment and firearms.  Mainly because he couldn't decide on a story. The SC State Law Enforcement Division got involved in the investigation and they too, got the run around. Belton was changing his story on a regular basis.
Where are the guns?  Law enforcement personnel have no clues as of yet.

Needless to say, former Deputy Belton was terminated and then promptly arrested for Misconduct in Office and Breach of Trust. If he sold that equipment for cash, like everyone suspects, I hope it was worth it.  The total value of those things is approximately $2500.00.

Fairfield County and Crimestoppers are both offering rewards for information leading to the recovery of the weapons.

I can't believe Deputy Dumb-ass here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the word "idiot" kept popping into my head as I read this post

Older School said...

There's a good many adjectives to describe this fool.
I thought dumb ass deputy had some appeal....unlike the story itself.
It also brought an image of Barney Fife, but I think "Ole Barn" was a little smarter.

Anonymous said...

Affirmative action in action.

Older School said...

Affirmative.