The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2 Cop Killers get Life

On August 6, 2008, Deputy Dennis Compton of the Colleton County Sheriff's Dept,  SC was shot and killed when he responded to a residential burglar alarm at 3:00 a.m.
He surprised 2 burglars and one shot him in the chest with a 12 ga. shotgun. The alarm company had contacted the key holder and he responded. Upon the homeowner's arrival, he saw the Deputy down and called for help on the Deputy's police radio.

See Bio, Officer Down Memorial Page

A lengthy manhunt and investigation resulted in 2 arrests a month later.

These 2 scumbags;

Who, at the time were 20 and 21 years of age, were charged with the Deputy's murder. It has never been determined who actually pulled the trigger, as both blame the other. However, in SC, they were both complicit in a felony resulting in death and they can both be charged as if they both shot him.
The local DA did not hesitate in charging both with murder and pushed for the death penalty.
South Carolina still has the death penalty and tends to use it. Most especially for circumstances such as this.

Just before trial, the defendants both plead guilty to avoid the death penalty. They both got life without parole. They'll rot in prison and then rot in hell!