The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

TSA: Those Stupid Assholes

Here we have a 17 year old pregnant teenager. Nothing so shocking in today's society.
This pregnant teenager is traveling from Jacksonville, FL to Norfolk, VA.  Again, so what?

This dingbat travels with her precious redneck purse that has a replica of a gun on it. She travels from Jacksonville to Norfolk carrying this purse on the plane and does so without incident. It's the return trip that causes the uproar. Hey, whaddya know?  Looks like somebody in Norfolk was doing their job.

Keep in mind, I have absolutely no love for the TSA and their intrusive, tactless, and possibly even hazardous means of screening for potential threats. I am not fully convinced that the full body image scanner is as harmless as they say, since our government has this really bad habit of sweeping things under the rug and telling us naive citizens that they know what's best for us. Often times, we are a stupid sheeple.

No, what I have issues with is the fact that this little incident was carried by the international news media and every article drew a picture of the TSA once again over stepping their boundaries.  In this case, the TSA people in Jacksonville made a huge, freakin' mistake. That thing never should have made it on the plane.  The law is very specific in that replicas of weapons, including guns, are not allowed on the plane. You can't go in to a courthouse or any other government building that might utilize a metal detector, with that purse. It looks too much like the real thing. Those Stupid Assholes spend too damn much time worrying about the 3 oz. rule and not enough time looking for serious threats. Granted, this was fake, but I've seen some working handguns on various accessories from belts to purses.



This is a 17 year old girl who thinks she's so mature. Honey, if you had an ounce of common sense, you would have known that you would indeed attract some attention with that purse. You've certainly attracted the attention of the feds and you won't hear the last of it. "Replicas" have been on the banned list since 2002. Do your homework. Oh, wait, she's 17 and most likely not an honor student.

While I am the first to admit that the TSA has had more than its share of moronic circumstances and incidents,  this one seems kind of simple; The TSA should have caught it in Jacksonville and she should have reconsidered her fashion accessories. 

1 comment:

merkur said...

Delighted that I found your site, fantastic info. I will bookmark and try to visit more frequently.
merkur