The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Homeowner Shoots Squatter

Spartanburg,SC


The owners of a vacant home for sale learned of a potential squatter in their home so went to investigate.
The homeowners go to their unoccupied dwelling fully armed. They confront the suspect, a struggle occurs, and the trespasser is shot in the face.
I have to ask why they didn't call the police before they went over there armed and ready.
I also have to ask why they still own a home that's been on the market for 4 years. I know, tough economy.

It's unknown if any criminal charges will be pressed against the  homeowners.


Under the Castle Doctrine law, a homeowner has the right to employ deadly force in the protection of themselves and their property and they have no duty to retreat. My guess is that they won't press charges against the homeowner, as the struggle for the gun made the trespasser the aggressor. If in fact no criminal charges are brought because of the Castle Doctrine, then this will also prevent the trespasser from initiating a civil case against the homeowner.


Word to the wise.....just call the police.

No comments: