The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Police Dog Down

Richland Co., SC

It's always a sad day when one of our own goes down. Specially trained police K-9 dogs are also part of the family of blue. They not only track, hunt for drugs, and attack on command, but they've been known to make the ultimate sacrifice in an effort to protect their handler/partner. Such as the case here.

"Fargo" took several shots from an armed robber, possibly preventing his handler, Master Deputy Warren Cavanagh, from being shot too. Even if Fargo had been wearing his vest, veterinarians believe that it would not have sufficiently protected him from the fatal wound.



Our deepest condolences to Dept. Cavanagh, his family and the whole department on their loss.

Suspect charged in killing of police dog - Breaking News - TheState.com


No comments: