The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Economy and Firearms

When the 2008 election forced the Obaminator upon us unsuspecting, freedom loving Americans, he unwittingly became the greatest firearms salesmen in American history.  In the 3 months following the election, most notably the day after, the sales of handguns and other firearms jumped over 45%.

Prices for ammunition and other accessories catapulted through the roof. For the majority of '09 and well in to '10, supply just couldn't keep up with the demand. Law enforcement agencies, with already slimmed down budgets, were forced to cut back on firearms qualifications because ammunition was not only difficult to get, but the prices far exceeded their budget restraints.  Prices for ammo have finally leveled off, but it's still costly and nowhere near the price they were 3 years ago.


So here we are, in a full blown recession and people are still buying guns.  In fact, if you ask your local gun dealer, (the legal ones) they'll tell you that business has been thriving. The stock market has crashed again, the unemployment rate doesn't seem like it will ever go down, illegal aliens are committing dangerous felonies and sucking the life out of our government benefits, and civil disorder is an all too chilling reality.

The mob violence in Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Chicago, and even in the UK, are proof positive that our society's ills have turned out a generation of deplorable, ungrateful thugs who have no regard for the lives and property of others. Depending on which media outlet you get your information from, these incidents were not racially motivated nor were they hate crimes.  Nooooo.....it's our society's downtrodden who deserve so much but have had such a difficult time....blah, blah, blah....bullshit! If they wanted to change their pathetic lives, they could.  No one is holding them down.  It was ALL racially motivated in the U.S.  Blacks specifically targeted whites, violently and without remorse. I can't speak to the UK's incident, but I can say that they have the same kind of diseased minds in the UK ghettos that we have here in the US.

With all this anarchy and chaos running rampant in these large, urban cities, people are steadily purchasing guns.  People will make room in their family budgets, even if they have to put it on layaway and use time payments. The majority of gun buyers will tell you it's for self defense and some admit openly that they are preparing for the inevitable apocalypse. I used to think that those doomsday-sayers who believed in such ideals were just a little off their rockers.  Now, not so much. They may have a point.

Once the law abiding public starts shooting back, only then will the armed thugs think twice.  Well, they should, but worst case scenario is another piece of shit is off the streets and the taxpayer's burden has been lowered by one.  While gun sales increase, crime rates in those states decrease. It's an undisputed fact supported by FBI documentation.  It is estimated that 15 million guns will be purchased by the end of 2011.



Well, I didn't vote for the moron who promised all this hope and change shit. There is almost no hope now and the changes have been disastrous.

5 comments:

Beat And Release said...

Ha! I'm buying a new Glock this week :)

Mad Jack said...

I missed the boat on that election and the firearm fallout from same. I should have opened an ammunition factory about four years prior to the election.

Older School said...

@ Beat - jealous. I'll make do, though.

@ MJ - I remember walking in to my local gun shop the day after the election. The atmosphere was frenzied and I had never seen so many people in there at one time. When I inquired as to what kind of sale they had going, the answer wasn't what I had expected. One of the sales people tried to whisper to me over the din, "it's the fuckin' Democrats, man."
I gave myself the V-8 smack.

About 2 months later, I go to buy some ammo at my favorite gun shop and the shelves are bare. They can't keep it in stock and the most popular handgun ammo is back ordered with about a 2-4 week wait.

Right after the election and for the months proceeding, the applications for concealed carry permits also sky rocketed. Classes are full once again.

Det. Shaved Longcock said...

Congrates!

You have made the DSLC Official Blog Listing!

Older School said...

@ Det. Shaved - Wow! I'm honored.