The P.O.P. Factor

My photo
"Just the facts, ma'am." More often than not, politically correct bullshit won't be found here. Pardon me while I exercise my 1st amendment right! I welcome all to my little world of bitches, moans, gripes and complaints, and sometimes, the downright freakin' odd. Take a seat and join me. I love a good story.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

TSA - Failure again?

With all the bad press lately about full body scans and body pat downs, this little  tidbit of news scares me.
Here we are, literally searching every passenger inside and out, to ensure the safety of the commercial flying public.  We do this in a somewhat half-assed attempt to prevent terroristic plots from being carried out. Yet, someone still manages to get on to an airliner illegally.

That's right, a 16 year old managed to find a way to stow away in the wheel well of a commercial airliner bound for Boston.  Now, if a determined, and more than likely troubled, teenager can get past the security at Charlotte Douglas Airport in Charlotte, NC, what can a highly motivated terrorist accomplish in a major hub such as NYC or Atlanta?
There's really no way of knowing that answer, is there?

While it ended badly for the teenager, the outcome could have been far worse if he were in fact someone who had more sinister intentions.

While no one will probably ever know the reason behind this kid's attempt to get to Boston quickly, it's a very sad state of affairs in many respects.

Come on TSA, wake up!

No comments: